Wednesday, April 23, 2008

An online conversation

jess says:
big as a house yet?

Laura is Made of and Powered by Baby Heartbeats says: funny you should ask, i just blogged about that.
yes.
as big as my house.
i hardly fit
i'll have to start camping outside. lol

jess says:
got a few more months left tho, right? August or so?

Laura says:
Yup, end of august.
it's pretty cool, actually. Chewie (that's the nickname) is very active and moves around a lot, and kicks and stuff.

jess says:
lol
that's an awesome nickname.... that must be pretty exciting

Laura says:
and i often trip out when i think thoughts like: "Isn't it WEIRD that there's a HUMAN BEING GROWING INSIDE ME????"
like, serioulsy, mammals are weird.

jess says:
agreed
"Powered by Baby Heartbeats" kinda nailed that idea home for me.... got me thinkin how strange it must be.......

Laura says:
it's totally awesome and totally weird and bizarre at the same time.
like, i go through 27 years of my life thinking that my body is my own, and now:
i eat when the baby tells me too, i pee when the baby tells me too, i sleep when the baby tells me too, if the baby doesn't like the loud music it kicks till i turn it off.
i'm a robot.

jess says:
lol
I never ever thought of it that way.......
I always thought of it as the other way around........
(but whaddo I know? really.... just a guy... )

Laura says:
and the heart beat? totally awesome. it's like, super fast, sounds like a tiny galloping horse.

jess says:
pretty amazing really...

Laura says:
well, currently, i eat like 7 meals a day.

jess says:
haha

Laura says:
why? cuz the baby eats MY food, so i have to keep replenishing the supply

jess says:
yep... doin a lot of growin in there!

Laura says:
lol yeah, tell me about it.
and everyone keeps saying: "You still have four months to go!!"
and the most crazy trippy/mind fuck thing about all of it is.... The only way this baby is coming out, is the way it went in!

2 comments:

FourLeafClover said...

"i eat when the baby tells me too, i pee when the baby tells me too, i sleep when the baby tells me too, if the baby doesn't like the loud music it kicks till i turn it off.
i'm a robot"

The funny thing is that this doesn't end after they come out. ;)

i am the diva said...

i had that sneaky suspicion...

Your Ad Here